Experienced Professional Trainer & Counsellor
Turning Point Training & Counselling was established in March 2014 following four years of crisis counselling experience and three years' training experience.
Training people in how to recognise and respond to someone with thoughts of suicide is a passion for me, learning how to ask about suicide, literally saves lives. It does not have to be perfect, the essence of a great intervention is care, respect and the ability to listen. Some of the organisations I have presented training for are Lifeline, Uniting Care Mental Health, Settlement Services International, Veterans, 180TC, Catholic Care, Redkite Australia, Neami, RUPA, Wellways, Parramatta Mission, Sydney City, and open workshops for the community.
Counselling experience in the past has included working with Lifeline, The National Centre For Suicide Prevention Training and Anglicare-Wollongong.
Turning Point Training & Counselling provides leading Suicide Intervention Training and one-on-one counselling sessions. Your counsellor is experienced, tertiary-trained and belongs to the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia. She is bound by an industry code of ethics, participating in ongoing professional development and regular clinical supervision to maintain a high standard of excellence.
Our Motto: While there is life, there is hope
- Bachelor of Applied Social Science-Counselling
- Diploma of Counselling
- Cert. IV in Telephone Counselling
- SOA in Recognize and respond appropriately to domestic and family violence (CHCDFV301A)
- Cert. IV in Training & Assessment (TAE40110)
- SOA in Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills (TAELLN411)
- Fully accredited trainer in ASIST -2day workshop and safeTALK -4hr workshop
- Accidental Counsellor training- 4hr workshop
- DV-Aware- 2hr presentation, DV-Alert General and DV-Alert Multicultural, DV-Alert Settlement, DV-Alert Complex Forms of Violence-2 Day accredited training
- TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools